All applications for Liquor License are available in the City Clerk’s Office, Room 401 at City Hall. For explicit details for filing, contact the City Clerk’s Office at (309)494-8565.
Prior to obtaining a liquor license, the site for the establishment must be inspected by various City Departments to assure compliance with the City Code. It is recommended that all applicants go to the One-Stop-Shop, Mondays at 1:30 p.m.
Click here for all liquor license instructions and forms
Any questions regarding the site approval process contact Legal at (309)494-8590.
LIQUOR COMMISSION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To receive site application for the retail sale of alcohol
- Hold application hearings
- Recommend to the City Council whether to deny or approve the application
- To discuss issues pertaining to the City of Peoria Liquor Code
- Recommend any changes in the Liquor Code to the City Council
The Liquor Commission meets the 1st Monday of every month, unless it falls on a holiday. If it falls on a holiday, the meeting is usually held on the next day.
Liquor Commission Meetings are held in Room 404, City Hall, 419 Fulton Street, Peoria, Illinois at 3:30 p.m.
LIQUOR COMMISSIONER RESPONSIBILITES:
The Local Liquor Commissioner is the sitting Mayor of Peoria, but he/she can appoint any other City Council Member to serve as Deputy Local Liquor Commissioner to act in lieu of the Local Liquor Commissioner.
- To grant or deny any liquor license application, except 2:00 a.m. and 4:00 a.m. subclass licenses for locations that are site approved for the sale of alcohol.
- To hold hearings on violations against a liquor license.
- To impose a fine, suspension or revocation against a liquor licensee upon findings of 0violations.
- To receive complaints from any citizen residing in the City that Peoria Liquor Codes or State laws have been or are being violated by a liquor licensee.
LIQUOR COMMISSION MEMBERS:
Mayor Jim Ardis, Local Liquor Control Commissioner
W. Eric Turner, Deputy Liquor Commissioner
Frank McCabe, Chairman, Liquor Commission
Andrew Cassidy, Commissioner
Virginia White, Commissioner
Mike Miller, Commissioner
David Turner, Commissioner
Officer Scott Jordan, Liquor Investigator - (309)494-8429
Sonni Williams, Asst. Corporation Counsel - (309)494-8590
Legal Secretary - (309)494-8591