1. APPLICATION (TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION CLICK HERE) The application must be completed and signed by three (3) adult individuals. (If an organization such as the American Legion, etc. is going to sponsor the display, three (3) adult individuals who may be officers or members of the sponsoring organization must nevertheless, make the application. The permit must be issued to the individuals and not to an organization.) The application MUST be submitted to the issuing officer at least fifteen (15) days in advance of the display date. State or County Fair Associations for supervised displays in the State of Illinois require no permits. There is a $250.00 fee for the fireworks permit. A copy liability insurance, site plan/layout, complete list of items used, pyro operator licenses and the Application for Permit for Supervised Public Display of Fireworks Form must be filled out and submitted to the Peoria Fire Department for approval.
Forms can be faxed to ph: (309) 494-8777, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Peoria Fire Department
Fire Prevention Chief
505 NE Monroe Ave
Peoria, IL 61603-3767
Phone 309 494-8700
Fire Central's office hours are Monday-Friday from 8am - 5pm.
Make checks payable to the City of Peoria or payment can be made by credit card by clicking here to go to Illinois E-Pay, and then selecting Fire Department.
2. ISSUING OFFICER The Chief of Fire Prevention has been duly authorized by the City Council as issuing officer.
3. INSPECTION The issuing officer (or his designated representative) MUST inspect the display site to determine that such display is not hazardous to property and will not endanger any person or persons. No fireworks may legally be discharged, ignited or exploded at any point in the State of Illinois within six hundred (600) feet of any hospital, asylum or infirmary.
4. PERMIT Upon full compliance with all state and local regulations, the permit may be issued to the three (3) adult individuals who signed the application. The issuing officer will make a determination as to which of the three (3) applicants shall be designated as the supervisor of the display and, further, that the proposed supervisor is competent to supervise the display
5. DISPLAY The designated supervisor of the display shall keep a copy of the permit in his possession during the display. All accidents must be reported to the Office of the State Fire Marshal within thirty-six (36) hours of the occurrence.